Through donor-funded grants, Central Pennsylvania Community Foundation is able to support local culture and the arts; help improve public recreation and living and working conditions; promote scientific research and aid in the delivery of medical services.
Grant Guidelines of Unrestricted Funds
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations or charitable organizations that qualify for a deductible contribution using IRS rules of a 50% deductible contribution limit are eligible. Both groups must include acknowledgement to that effect.
- The organization must be located in or serve Blair County.
- The Community Foundation does not make grants to individuals.
- To conserve limited resources, an organization can only apply for one grant in a twelve (12) month period.
- Reporting for grants – A letter of how these funds were utilized. A site visit may be required.
- The organization must meet one of the following criteria:
- To promote scientific research for the advancement of knowledge.
- To support art, music and culture of all kinds.
- To provide scholarships or otherwise assist deserving persons in obtaining an education.
- To assist the improvement of living and working conditions for the health and welfare of the community.
- To provide facilities for public recreation.
- To provide funds to assist in the delivery of medical services.
- The grant application deadline will be 4PM on the final business day in April.
- No grant applications will be accepted after the published deadline(s).
- Applications will be reviewed by the Grants committee in May so that a recommendation can be given to the Board of Directors in June for a final decision.
- Applicants will be notified within four (4) weeks after the decision has been made by the Board.
Grant Application Packet
To apply for a grant from CPCF, please submit the following items:
- Grant application cover sheet
- Copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exemption status or letter from the organization stating that the organization meets the 50% limit organization rules
- Most recent audited annual financial statement
- Narrative of the project (1 to 5 pages)
- Detailed budget for the project
- List of the Board of Directors
- Letters of support that substantiate the need for the project and collaboration with other organizations (optional)
- Applicants should submit one (1) original and eight (8) copies of their application packet.
- Incomplete packets will NOT be considered.
Download a PDF of the Grant Application Cover Sheet